How to Download and Run the Orchestrator Deployment Script
[Note: Written by ChatGPT] In this post, I’ll guide you through the process of downloading and running a script that deploys the Orchestrator. Don’t worry if you’re not a computer programmer; I’ll break it down step by step.
- Make the script executable with the command:
chmod +x deploy-orchestrator.sh
Before running the script, ensure you have the following information at hand:
- ZNN Node Address: This is the address of your ZNN node.
- ETH Node Address: The address of your Ethereum node. Follow these instructions to setup an ETH node.
- Producer KeyFile Passphrase: A passphrase for the Producer KeyFile. Ensure you keep this passphrase safe and confidential.
- Run the script with the command:
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the deployment.
The script is designed to deploy the Orchestrator, a service that manages various tasks. Here’s a simplified breakdown of its functions:
Check for Required Programs: The script checks if certain programs (like
jq) are installed on your computer. If not, it installs them for you.
- Collect Information: It will ask you for specific details like your ZNN node address, ETH node address, and a passphrase. These details are essential for the Orchestrator’s configuration.
- Download and Install Orchestrator: The script will download the Orchestrator from its GitHub repository, compile it, and install it on your system.
- Configuration: It modifies configuration files to ensure the Orchestrator runs with the correct settings.
- Service Creation: The script sets up the Orchestrator as a system service, ensuring it starts automatically and runs in the background.