Why Zenon Is Going To Zero?

@Zyler took the time to write this article: Why Zenon Is Going To Zero. Bitcoin’s early days were fraught with… | by Zyler9985 | Jun, 2024 | Medium

What are your thoughts of his proposed solutions?

TLDR of possible solutions:

• Recognise the need for Hypergrowth
  • Agree on a way to fund Hypergrowth based on the process, with bonus pay for results as measured by a hybrid of qualitative and quantitative
  • Give a 10% bonus pay to devs who conduct themselves to a high standard (giving estimates for deliverables, testing code, documentation, progress reports etc.)
  • Hire some devs to help assess dev work which is submitted to AZ
  • Increase the emission rate of QSR for 4 years to facilitate an increase in the number of pillars, and allocate a % of emissions to the AZ fund to replenish it and combat the scarcity mindset
  • Introduce vested pillars to increase the number of contributors and builders in the demographic of pillar holders
  • Modify the AZ mechanism to include a pay negotiation option as well as pre-emptive bounties for agreed upon network needs we can predict
  • Months ago, Zashu, Sugoi, Bzed and Tapwoot expressed an interest in joining me on Nostr. Maybe we could revisit that idea to form a Hypergrowth team. But I haven’t spoken to them in a while, I probably shouldn’t even include this in the article without having spoken to them first. I’m also dealing with some things and might be unavailable
1 Like

My initial thoughts are generally in line with @Zyler’s summary conclusions.

As it relates to marketing, I agree with his recommendations and conclusions. We need more grass roots marketing that does not have specific conversion and monetization hurdles.

I’ve taken the time to re-read all Zylers posts. I made a big mistake in voting no on his AZ. Granted, Zyler did a terrible job in marketing the AZ and/or explaining it. Maybe he wanted it to fail so he could explain why grass roots marketing is needed. Either way, his work can lay the foundation to onboard the next wave of aliens.

So while his articles today are getting very few views and we have no way to track their conversions, they are foundational work. They explain the network in every respect. They tell a story and they must have taken hundreds of hours to write. No one in this community has done that and it’s valuable work. I was hoping one day to do it, but Zyler’s work is far superior to anything I could do myself.

It’s like paying for concrete foundations in a building. Putting concrete into the ground sucks. It’s creates no aesthetic value, but without a foundation you cannot erect a building. Meaning, we cannot see the value of Zyler’s work today, but it’s foundational work that we hope will pay off in the future.

Conclusion: We should be open to compensate community members willing to contribute foundational work that does not create an immediate result today.

4 Likes

I love how everything I said and got hate for is now becoming everyone’s conclusion…

I’m just one person. How does everyone else feel?

It took me reading Zyler’s last article and then re-reading all his articles. More on this soon!!

Zenon community is just you and me and our 35 alts.

1 Like

Clearly we need more alts.