Syrius v0.2.0-rc.3 #4

This post will be used to collect issues for test round #4.

Download: Syrius v0.2.0-rc.3

Read this post for more information about how to test.

The following issues were fixed:

• Pillar type removed from Pillar stepper
  • Device name is now used to identify Ledger device
  • Allow ZNN or QSR donations (does not require to have ZNN balance)
  • Rearrangement of Settings card
  • Restore connection when rejecting chain id mismatch
1 Like

Trying to finish the tests I started with rc.2 with rc.3 ā€¦ lmfao you are gonna have rc.4 before I can finish these tests.

auto-receive test are all PASS for now, but Iā€™ve run into an issue. Iā€™m doing a P2P swap:

1. Started swap with rc3
  2. Joined swap with unkown version of 0.2.0 (it has auto-receive).
  3. Completed swap with rc3 and auto-receive disabled. Everything worked as expected.
  4. Swap with unknown syrius is stuck in loop trying to publish a transaction:

I updated to rc3 and tried again. Still same issue. It has published like 10 txs already.

address: z1qruuq0aafta69sc5fwdq5zdcnu249n3tg90tkj
sending
deposit id: 507d0e8f0bab12daaca3daa639029c01dd09b4702e9839d12c3ef09550c1db0b
hashlock: 9e516ea48ed1088470999e0e146d5fe897331c071c0df948306d58743b634e53
receiving
deposit id: 7a0550a0e5904e46ffee1d55c399405e1dd04be6e60a5c325a542cc3ef288120
hashlock: 9e516ea48ed1088470999e0e146d5fe897331c071c0df948306d58743b634e53

Transactions appear
as unreceived in the HTLC contract, didnā€™t even know that was possible.

Should you add tests cases for the new stuff i.e donations to AZ?

I think we should strongly consider adding a notification to the ā€œTransferā€ tab whenever there are pending transactions, like a phone style notification red dot or similar. Otherwise, we are gonna be explaining to people why they have not received their transactions way too often.

Sorry about that. Iā€™ve gotta feeling rc.3 will last longer :crossed_fingers:

Great, could you post your test-runs on the forum?

Vilkris looked into it and had the following to say:

I did the auto-receive test with rc.1 on the HC1 testnet and didnā€™t had any problems with or without auto-receive. We donā€™t think this has anything to do with Syrius.

Which nodes were both clients connected to?

I didnā€™t create test cases for everything, feel free to suggest any and Iā€™ll add them to the repo.

We could use badges on the Transfer tab to indicate there are pending transactions.

1 Like

wss://node.zenonhub.io:35998

Not sure if this is relevant, but I recently installed Portmaster - a kernel level firewall, in that same machine.

Your initial posts share a testnet node for sumamu/bridge team testnet, right? I know because I tried to do the swap tests there initially, and the HLTC contract was not deployed there (syrius gracefully failed with an accurate notification :partying_face: ), and sumamu confirmed it.

I just did another swap, it felt like it was going to loop again, but I started messing around with Portmaster and even though it showed 0 blocked connections, and an active connection to node.zenonhub.io, I disabled ā€˜Force Block Incoming Connectionsā€™ for syrius specifically.

And it seems that the immediately next tx after was received by the HTLC contract.

Iā€™m just gonna blame @0x3639 for sending me some crazy software to try.

Edit: Did another test reverting Portmasterā€™s settings to see if they had any effect. P2P Swap was completed without issues. Portmaster was probably not the cause of the first failed swap.

Correct, @sumamu should update his testnet :laughing:

The hc1 testnet cannot be used by the community yet, so the only option left for p2p swaps is mainnet.

Seems very unlikely because youā€™re not using an embedded node.

Attribute Detail
Version v0.2.0-rc.3
Date 3/13/2024
Environment Windows 11 Enterprise Eval 22H2
Tester coinselor
Test case Description Priority Result
Wallet
Create wallet and set auto-receive preference Create a wallet and set the auto-receive preference in the node-management screen. PRIO1 PASS
Transactions
Receive transaction with auto-receive enabled Automatically receive a transaction by enabling the auto-receive preference. PRIO1 PASS
Receive transaction with auto-receive disabled Manually receive a transaction by disabling the auto-receive preference and manually receive it from the pending transaction list. PRIO1 PASS
P2P Swap
Start & complete native P2P Swap with auto-receive enabled Start a native swap, wait for the counterparty to join and complete the swap with auto-receive enabled. PRIO1 PASS
Start & complete native P2P Swap with auto-receive disabled Start a native swap, wait for the counterparty to join and complete the swap with auto-receive disabled. PRIO1 PASS
Join & complete native P2P Swap with auto-receive enabled Join a native swap and wait for the counterparty to complete the swap with auto-receive enabled. PRIO1 PASS
Join & complete native P2P Swap with auto-receive disabled Join a native swap and wait for the counterparty to complete the swap with auto-receive disabled. PRIO1 PASS
Wallet Options
Disable auto-receive Disable the auto-receive preference PRIO1 PASS
Enable auto-receive Enable the auto-receive preference PRIO1 PASS
Reset wallet and verify auto-receive after confirmation Reset and reinitialize the wallet and verify that no transactions are automatically received before confirming the auto-receive preference. PRIO1 FAIL

I will create an issue for the failed case.

1 Like

Test Details

Attribute Detail
Version v0.2.0-rc.3
Environment Windows 11 Enterprise Eval 22H2
Date 3/13/2024
Tester coinselor

Test Cases

Assets

Test Case Description Priority Result
Add community nodes Add nodes by editing the assets/community-nodes.json file and verify added nodes by restarting syrius PRIO1 PASS
Remove community nodes Remove nodes by editing the assets/community-nodes.json file and verify removed nodes by restarting syrius PRIO1 PASS
Invalid community nodes Add invalid node urls by editing the assets/community-nodes.json file and verify they are not added by restarting syrius PRIO1 PASS
Delete community nodes file Delete the assets/community-nodes.json file and verify empty community nodes by restarting syrius PRIO2 PASS
Invalidate community nodes file Invalidate the assets/community-nodes.json file by using incorrect format and verify empty community nodes by restarting syrius PRIO2 PASS

Node management (onboarding)

Verify community nodes list Verify community node list and corresponding icons PRIO1 PASS
Confirm community node Select and confirm a community node and verify connection PRIO1 PASS
Add existing node Adding an existing node causes a node already exist exception PRIO1 PASS
Shuffle community nodes Verify community node list is shuffled each time they are loaded PRIO1 PASS

Node management (settings)

Verify community nodes list Verify community node list and corresponding icons PRIO1 PASS
Select community nodes Select and confirm a community node and verify connection PRIO1 PASS
Add existing node Adding an existing node causes a node already exist exception PRIO1 PASS
Edit existing node Editing an existing node causes a node already exist exception PRIO1 PASS
Shuffle community nodes Verify community node list is shuffled each time they are loaded PRIO1 PASS

Can you explain what do you mean by ā€˜Edit existing nodeā€™? There is no edit button inside the ā€˜Node selectionā€™ widget.

Minor UX improvement: As the node list expands, there will always be a need to scroll down within the ā€œNode Managementā€ (settings) widget. Currently, there is no scrollbar displayed. I believe it should behave similarly to the ā€˜Latest Transactionsā€™ widget, which shows a scrollbar.

Thank you for the test-run. I will process it and add it to the repo.

You first have to add a custom node (non community) before you see the edit button.

• Add custom node wss://node.atsocy.com:35998
  • Edit custom node wss://node.atsocy.com:35998 to an already existing node

Not sure how the scollbars work, but will have a look at it.

Works as expected, added PASS to test, but readability is not great.

These issues have been resolved in the following PRs:

A new release candidate will be made available.