Telegram Scammers & Lessons Learned

With the increase in activity on Zenon Network the scammers have started to infiltrate our Telegram Channel. We had two new community members lose their entire metamask wallets in the last 24 hours. It’s heartbreaking.

Lessons Learned

• Never provide your seed phrase to anyone or any website
  • Never communicate with someone who DMs you. You can auto-archive DMs in telegram.
  • Never communicate with someone with a private telegram account
  • Slow is fast in crypto. Take your time. Scammers will ask you to move fast so you don’t have time to think.

How the Scam Works

You will click that link and it will be redirected to a phishing website. It looks like this:

They want you to click those links and provide your seed phrase. They facilitate this scam by using private telegram handles that you cannot see.

Lessons Learned (repeated)

• Never provide your seed phrase to anyone or any website
  • Never communicate with someone who DMs you. You can auto-archive DMs in telegram.
  • Never communicate with someone with a private telegram account
  • Slow is fast in crypto. Take your time. Scammers will ask you to move fast so you don’t have time to think.

I’ve reported these domains. DO NOT INTERACT WITH THEM

2 Likes

The scammers above are really low tier. I’ve met more skilled ones in the last so I’ll add a few things:

• check your privacy settings. Don’t share what’s not necessary.
  • uncheck download media / images automatically - Trojans can be injected through anything.
  • never download files from Telegram. No .pdf, no videos. .pdf can run anything. A malicious code in a .mp4 can exploit a VLC vuln and grant full access to your computer in seconds.

You’re better paranoid than ruined.

2 Likes